Today Lucity released an update to the Google Play store for Lucity Mobile 2.0 for Android (Version 2.6 Build 23) for use with Lucity 2016, Lucity 2016r2, Lucity 2017, Lucity 2017r2, Lucity 2018 and Lucity 2018r2. This update includes:
- Send PDFs to Lucity Mobile to support 3rd party e-signature workflows
- GPS collection on select forms (requires Lucity 2018r2)
- Absolute Positioning on Forms (to make forms render more consistently with the web application)
- Paging for Picklists Online to improve load time on larger datasets
- URL Plugin on the Dashboard
- Time Summary Plugin on the Dashboard (requires Lucity 2018r2)
- Honoring the Default Visibility Settings in the Map Setup
- Support for Specific Views for Quick Lookup Plugin on the Dashboard
- Various bug fixes
We always recommend that you keep your Android devices up to date with the most recent Android version because these updates provide important security and bug fixes for your device. In addition, we take advantage of new features Android provides with their newer versions as we are writing enhancements to the Lucity Mobile application.
We are occasionally required to drop support for older Android versions. Therefore, in accordance with recent requirements from Google, we will now only support Android 4.2 or greater. This means that this version of Lucity 2.0 will not be available for download on devices that are running Android 4.1 or earlier.
The update can be downloaded from the Google Play store from your device. To enable updates automatically, open the Lucity Mobile 2.0 details page on Google Play, tap on the menu in the upper right corner, and check the box that says “Auto-update”.
If you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below or visit us at Lucity Listens.