As I am sure that you have heard by now, Lucity has been acquired by CentralSquare Technologies (www.centralsquare.com). We (Lucity’s Management Team and staff) are very excited about this change. However, we also realize that change can be concerning. We’ve received questions from our user community and I thought I’d address them here. You can continue reaching out to us as you have been as questions arise – I always love to talk with our users! Continue reading
Thanks to everyone who attended one of the eleven (11) Lucity Regional User Group Meetings (RUGs) or nine (9) Lucity Univercity Bootcamp training sessions in 2016! We had 425 attendees at the RUGs representing 84 agencies. The bootcamps had a total of 309 attendees representing 43 agencies. Many attendees came to both, giving us a final number of 637 unique attendees representing 92 unique agencies.
As I stated at each of the RUGs, this year was my first time attending. I really enjoyed getting to know the attendees and hear their stories. I truly enjoyed the RUGs because it let me do some of the things that I love. Continue reading
As things start to wind down for 2011 and we move (quickly) through the holidays, I wanted to take the opportunity to reflect on all that we experienced this past year and all the things we’re thankful for.
- Clients who keep pushing us. We continue to grow in large part due to users that continually push us to meet their ever-evolving needs. Personally, I love challenges so I am very thankful to all of you who ask for new and innovative ways for us to support you in your day-to-day efforts.
- Power Users. Hats off to all of you who are responsible for making Lucity work in your organization. Most of you know the software better than we do (and find more creative ways to use it than we ever imagined). Thank you for being the voice of your organization…and speaking to us!
- Managers who really get it. I love hearing about those managers that are actually using the massive amounts of data stored in Lucity for so many things. If only we could get these managers talking to those other managers that aren’t getting the most from their data…
- Our staff. Best. Staff. Ever. Enough said!
- ACT. There is nothing better than face-to-face interaction. I will be honest and say that when we held our first annual user conference in 2000, I was not a big proponent. But I quickly changed my tune. These events really allow us to understand our clients and their needs. We manage to have a little fun while we’re at it…
- Webex + phone calls. I love being able to actually see what you are seeing (or allow you to see what I am seeing). Even though we have been using it for years, I am still very, very thankful that we have this capability. I know many of you are thankful for this invaluable tool as well…
- New Additions to the Lucity Client Family. The start of any new relationship is always exciting. We love to get to know you, find out what your goals are, and see how we can make an impact in your organization. We have been blessed over and over again in the starting of many fantastic relationships.
- Clients that tell us about their problems. Our staff wants to do nothing more than help….but we need to know that you NEED help! I am grateful for the squeaky wheels – the clients who will call when something isn’t right. When we know about an issue, we can help resolve it.
- Partners. These professionals help us meet the broad and diverse needs of our clients through the value-added products and services they offer.
- Lucity’s newest team members. We hired several new staff members this past year to help us continue to grow our software and services. They have integrated themselves with our existing team very well. (You never know how that will turn out, right?) I appreciate the willingness of our employees to welcome new folks with open arms and do whatever they can to make them feel comfortable.
- Our new brand. The transition to Lucity went much more smoothly than I ever could have hoped. I know this is small in the grand scheme of things but the name change had been a long time coming. It was a great opportunity to refresh a few things internally and help us recharge as we move forward.
We’re thrilled to see what 2012 holds for us, but before we launch into the new year, we think it’s worth reflecting on the year that was and being thankful. Happy Thanksgiving!